Vitamin B 12
Vitamin B12 is essential for good health. It makes your DNA, red blood cells, and nerves, and helps regulate your nervous system. It supports the body’s ability to turn food into energy and fight infections. It offers neurological benefits, assists you in maintaining proper eyesight, and helps your body properly digest food. In other words, Vitamin B12 is critical to feeling good and living a healthy life for every man.
What happens if your body doesn’t absorb enough Vitamin B12 every day? Common signs of a Vitamin B12 deficiency include:
- Digestive issues
- Shortness of breath
- Memory Loss
- Loss of senses (taste, smell, etc.)
- Fatigue and/or weakness
Certain factors like age, health conditions, and even lifestyle choices can result in a Vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Vegans/vegetarians. Because Vitamin B12 is found only in animal-based food products, including eggs, milk, meat, fish, poultry, shellfish and cheese, vegans and vegetarians may not take in enough of the necessary nutrients found in B complex vitamins.
- Acid reflux sufferers. People who suffer with chronic heartburn or acid reflux and who take antacids or other medicine to limit their symptoms are also at risk. The medication cuts down on stomach acid, which is essential to breaking down Vitamin B12, which then allows the body to absorb the essential proteins.
- Adults over 50. The older you get, the more likely you are to suffer from a Vitamin B12 deficiency. That’s because as your body ages, it becomes more difficult for you to absorb enough of B complex vitamins from foods.
- People who have had weight loss surgery. Losing part of your stomach or small intestine means losing part of your ability to break down and absorb Vitamin B12.
MAKE THE CHANGE TODAY!
A Vitamin B12 deficiency can come on quickly and, without timely assistance, it can lead to more serious health problems, such as severe neurological or psychiatric conditions.
Fortunately, our experienced doctors at Infinity Health and Wellness can help with diagnosis and treatment of this condition. We’ll prescribe the life-changing replacement therapy treatment you need to regain your health, alleviate symptoms, and help you find the healthy balance your body needs.